ADMISSIONS AT SPRING HILL CHRISTIAN
Welcome to the admissions process of Spring Hill Christian. We are now accepting applications for the 2021-2012 school year for grades K – 12th. Please take a minute to read through our admissions process as outlined below. We appreciate your interest in Spring Hill Christian and invite you to learn more about the difference Classical Education can make. You may contact us by phone at (615) 392-0088 or by email at email@example.com.
The Health Requirements
The admissions office is responsible for the handling and care of your application. Our vision for all students of Spring Hill Christian is to reach their full academic potential. To ensure this, our application process is designed to help us understand your child’s abilities, motivation, skills, and character to accurately place them in the appropriate class where they can grow both academically and spiritually.
To begin the admissions process, please take a minute to review the requirements below as outlined in the packet. Once you have filled out the Admissions packet, you may fax, email, or mail using one of the following:
•Send it by mail to 2001 Campbell Station Parkway, Suite C6 Spring Hill, TN 37174
•Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
•Bring it in person 2001 Campbell Station Parkway, Suite C6 Spring Hill, TN 37174
Priority for acceptance is given in the following order:
1. Returning students
2. Siblings of returning students
3. All other applications
Admissions Requirements for Spring Hill Christian:
Following are the application procedures:
1. New applications are accepted until classrooms are full. Registration is open first to returning
students and their siblings, then to the public. A $100.00 non-refundable application fee must
accompany all new student applications.
2. Screening/testing of new students is scheduled as needed and is ongoing. This screening/testing
is conducted with the appropriate teacher and the headmaster to ensure appropriate grade
3. Interviews with parents of new students are scheduled beginning in February and are ongoing.
4. In short, the application procedure requires:
•At least one parent is required to be a Christian. The parents of students in SHA should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and purpose of Spring Hill Christian. This understanding includes a willingness to have their child exposed to the clear teaching of the school’s Statement of Faith in various and frequent ways within the school’s program.
•The parents should be willing to cooperate with all the written policies of SHA. This is most important in the area of discipline (see the “Discipline Guidelines and School Rules” section in either of the Student-Parent Handbooks) and schoolwork standards, as well as active communication with the respective teacher(s) and administration.
•Completed Application for Admission
•Application fee of $100 (nonrefundable)
•Copies of standardized test scores and report cards from the past 2 years
•Birth certificate & Copy of Shot Record
•Student screening/testing (scheduled with school office)
•Parent interview (scheduled with school office)
•Upon return of a completed application, if an interview with the family has not already been held, one will be arranged with the Headmaster
5. When a new student is accepted, a non-refundable curriculum fee of $395 (for grades 1-6) or $1,200 (for grades 7-12) is due upon acceptance.
6. Admission is not considered final until the following items are received:
•Tuition Agreement is signed and proof of enrollment in the FACTS Tuition Management program is received (Required.)
•Records from child’s previous school
•Health form completed by child’s physician (including immunization records)
•Emergency contact form
7. The Headmaster will determine final acceptance and grade level placement of students.
8. Enrollment, and therefore the parents’ financial obligation, is contracted to be for the full school
year. All contracts are to be paid in full, even if there is an early withdrawal. All tuition payments
will be made through the FACTS tuition management system.
9. It is understood that parents agree to support the policies of the School as affirmed in the
Parental Contract and School Guidelines on the Application for Admission form.
10. If enrollment for a particular grade is full, a waiting list will be established for that grade.
Priority in the registration process for any grade is given to current students.
The student health requirements are as follows:
1. All students attending Spring Hill Christian must have on record, before attending, with the school office either a current and complete immunization record or an exemption statement (according to Tennessee Annotated) Code before entering school in the fall. Standard immunization record forms can be obtained from your family doctor. The completed copy must to be returned to school office.
2. Before the school will issue any medication to a student, we must receive written parental permission. In order to facilitate the general dispensing of non-prescription medicine (for example, Tylenol, Tums, etc.), we have a form available for parents to grant a year’s general permission to the school to issue non-prescription medicines to their student(s). This form will be filed in the school office. No prescription medicines will be dispensed without written parental permission on file with specific directions to the teacher.
3. Other forms necessary for student health records that can be obtained from the school office are:
•Health History: Describes the basic health/illness history of each student.
•Emergency Form: Lists the emergency contact names and phone numbers of people who may need notification in a medical emergency. Includes signed waiver in order to facilitate necessary medical/surgical action. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that the telephone numbers are current for the school year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school office at (615) 392-0088.
Non-Discriminatory Policy for Admissions and Activities
Spring Hill Christian admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic, or other School-administered programs.