Statement of Faith
DOCTRINAL STATEMENT OF SPRING HILL CHRISTIAN
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Spring Hill Christian is based. They are also the key elements of Christianity that will be taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine in Spring Hill Christian. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrines. When these types of doctrine or issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches.
1. We believe the Bible alone to be the Word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
5. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone.
6. We believe that faith without works is dead.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.