Applying to Spring Hill Christian Academy
Thank you for your interest in Spring Hill Christian Academy. This application includes everything you will need to apply for enrollment for the school year.
You can apply online here.
Following are the application procedures:
- New applications are accepted until classrooms are full. Registration is open first to returning students and their siblings, then to the public. A $100.00 non-refundable application fee must accompany all student applications.
- Screening/testing of new students is scheduled as needed and is ongoing. This screening/testing
is conducted with the appropriate teacher and the headmaster to ensure appropriate grade
- Interviews with parents of new students are scheduled beginning in February and are ongoing.
- In short, the application procedure requires:
- The parents of students in SHC should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and purpose of Spring Hill Christian Academy. This understanding includes a willingness to have their child exposed to the clear teaching of the school's Statement of Faith in various and frequent ways within the school's program.
- The parents should be willing to cooperate with all the written policies of SHC. This is most important in the area of discipline (see the "Discipline Guidelines and School Rules" section in either of the Student-Parent Handbooks) and schoolwork standards, as well as active communication with the respective teacher(s) and administration.
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Application fee of $100 (nonrefundable).
- Copies of standardized test scores and report cards from the past 2 years.
- Birth certificate & Copy of Immunization Record
- Student screening/testing (scheduled with school office)
- Parent interview (scheduled with school office)
- Upon return of a completed application, if an interview with the family has not already been
held, one will be arranged with the Headmaster
- A non-refundable curriculum fee is due no later than July 31st, preceding the upcoming school year or upon acceptance.
- Admission is not considered final until the following items are received:
- Tuition Agreement is signed and proof of enrollment in the FACTS Tuition Management program is received or tuition for the year is paid in full.
- Records from child's previous school.
- Emergency contact form.
- The Headmaster or Principal will determine final acceptance and grade level placement of students.
- Enrollment, and therefore the parents' financial obligation, is contracted to be for the full school
year. All contracts are to be paid in full, even if there is an early withdrawal. All tuitions paid by monthly
installments will be made through the FACTS tuition management system.
- It is understood that parents agree to support the policies of the School as affirmed in the
Parental Contract and School Guidelines on the Application for Admission form.
- If enrollment for a particular grade is full, a waiting list will be established for that grade. Priority in the registration process for any grade is given to current students. Spring Hill Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, gender, and national or ethnic origin, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Spring Hill Christian Academy does reserve the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious commitment, philosophical compatibility, and willingness to cooperate with the Spring Hill Christian Academy administration and abide by its policies.
The student health requirements are as follows:
- All students attending Spring Hill Christian Academy must have on record, before attending, with the
school office either a current and complete immunization record or an exemption statement (according to Tennessee Annotated Code) before entering school in the fall. Standard immunization record forms can be obtained from your family doctor. The completed copy must to be returned to school
- Before the school will issue any medication to a student, we must receive written parental permission. In order to facilitate the general dispensing of non-prescription medicine (for example, Tylenol, Tums, etc.), we have a form available for parents to grant a year's general permission to the school to issue non-prescription medicines to their student(s). This form will be filed in the school office. No prescription medicines will be dispensed without written parental permission on
file with specific directions to the teacher.
- Other forms necessary for student health records that can be obtained from the school office are:
- Emergency Form: Lists the emergency contact names and phone numbers of people who may
need notification in a medical emergency. Includes signed waiver in order to facilitate necessary
medical/surgical action. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that the telephone
numbers are current for the school year.